Wednesday, 10 December 2014

A Mumbai Local Tale

This is about the travelling in the lifeline of Mumbai...the local trains...

I had never really travelled by them before,
But then long distances had come to the fore,
I got the chance to travel by Mumbai's local train,
And my friend, this is what I seem to have gain,

First I had to figure out the west,harbour and centre,
Doing that can sometimes leave your mind in a welter,
Then to buy the ticket you get into the ever burgeoning queue,
Given its nature, you begin to wonder if you are to get through,

You make your way to the station across the gate,
Almost bound to bump into someone who is getting late,
Going up the way on what looks like a steady staircase,
Whether you know or not, you are already a part of the race,

Better get down the stairs before any train arrives,
Otherwise you will be stuck and really have to strive,
On the station, stand and you better stay on your mark,
Getting through the door is well and truly not a walk in the park,

Stand, push then hold yourself and always be aware,
You get the feeling of being in a Roman Infantry square,
Mind the luggage, always stand and secure your position,
Don't forget the mark and the side of your real destination,

Time to disembark, and it is not really the difficult part,
A congested station has a go, you just melt into the flow,
Another staircase, and you see that the race is again going to be on,
You realize the pointlessness, and you wait for everyone to be gone,

                                                                     - Rajmohan Yadav



2 comments:

  1. I shared your poem to my followers on google# and Twitter#

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!...all an artist wants is an audience :-P

      Delete

Bring out the eggs....eh...feedback