Monday, 8 December 2014

The Facebook Look

This is dedicated to the folks who spent a good lot of time to meticulously engineer their Facebook timeline including myself recently.

Waiting for the login page to load,
Sluggish internet truly gets you bored,
Finally something is up in your chrome,
Your Facebook page makes you feel home,

I was looking for a regaling status update,
Something that would be funny and great,
Then you wait for anybody offering a 'like',
None appear, you wonder if there is a strike,

There is a cover picture on your timeline,
For your wall, you think it looks fine,
Later on, it does get to manage a like or two,
For the news feed, respectably it got through,

I changed the display picture in a rush,
No likes on it, there was a unsettling hush,
Suddenly I see a display picture with likes replete,
I quietly proceeded to my timeline for a delete,

Folks jauntily update their location along with friends,
Commoners gleefully like just to show that one pretends,
People do add some events of their life,
Its a shiny world without any sort of strife,

Facebook is there to make your life look good,
It may not always show the truth that it should, 
But do carry on to login and chat away, 
It does keep you pseudo-social in a way,

                                                 - Rajmohan Yadav

2 comments:

Bring out the eggs....eh...feedback