A busy office can be a very bizarre place,
Putting shoes of love without tying the lace,
My desk was public at that phase,
Plus, didn't have much of a space,
First, I didn't realize she was there,
Luck is not always fair and square,
She had simplicity that was striking,
Her desk was distant for my liking,
Only got a glimpse from corner of the eye,
Wish I could at least say a welcome or bye,
I marked the time whenever she passed,
Had nothing which I could have asked,
I knew the moment when she would turn up,
I pretended to be working with a coffee cup,
It was the only thing up my sleeve,
Was not hard for her to perceive,
Though it never became a craze,
Sometimes she did requite a gaze,
Our eyes met with a fleeting stay,
Only for one of us to look away,
She got a new job and moved out,
I heard that and tried to stay stout,
A genuine mystery is the mutual gaze,
Your prospects are really in a maze.
- Rajmohan Yadav
Putting shoes of love without tying the lace,
My desk was public at that phase,
Plus, didn't have much of a space,
First, I didn't realize she was there,
Luck is not always fair and square,
She had simplicity that was striking,
Her desk was distant for my liking,
Only got a glimpse from corner of the eye,
Wish I could at least say a welcome or bye,
I marked the time whenever she passed,
Had nothing which I could have asked,
I knew the moment when she would turn up,
I pretended to be working with a coffee cup,
It was the only thing up my sleeve,
Was not hard for her to perceive,
Though it never became a craze,
Sometimes she did requite a gaze,
Our eyes met with a fleeting stay,
Only for one of us to look away,
She got a new job and moved out,
I heard that and tried to stay stout,
A genuine mystery is the mutual gaze,
Your prospects are really in a maze.
- Rajmohan Yadav
No comments:
Post a Comment
Bring out the eggs....eh...feedback