It is something which I cannot clearly recall,
The moments are unchained as they sprawl,
I remember moments since I was four,
And this is the story I have at its core,
In kindergarten there was no book,
Just chalk and slate was all it took,
While solving sums my speed was good,
Took lesser time than what others would,
But I used to usually very laconic,
My logical ability never became iconic,
The teacher bawled asking why I was idle with a cane,
Silently I would efface the slate and pretend do it again,
I did well when I wasn't thinking how I was ranked,
But after scoring good results I found myself flanked,
People making foregone conclusion were the real pain,
Content with terrain I felt there was no ground to gain,
'Study hard for a job', I asked if that was all?
The studies were now having a feeling of gall,
I didn't exactly know what was written in the texts,
Gobbled everything with hunger reserved for fests,
By the end I felt fallen to the headmaster's ploy,
All work and no play had warped up a dull boy,
I wish I could relive the uniform with blase,
To script a better legacy of my school daze.
- Rajmohan Yadav
The moments are unchained as they sprawl,
I remember moments since I was four,
And this is the story I have at its core,
In kindergarten there was no book,
Just chalk and slate was all it took,
While solving sums my speed was good,
Took lesser time than what others would,
But I used to usually very laconic,
My logical ability never became iconic,
The teacher bawled asking why I was idle with a cane,
Silently I would efface the slate and pretend do it again,
I did well when I wasn't thinking how I was ranked,
But after scoring good results I found myself flanked,
People making foregone conclusion were the real pain,
Content with terrain I felt there was no ground to gain,
'Study hard for a job', I asked if that was all?
The studies were now having a feeling of gall,
I didn't exactly know what was written in the texts,
Gobbled everything with hunger reserved for fests,
By the end I felt fallen to the headmaster's ploy,
All work and no play had warped up a dull boy,
I wish I could relive the uniform with blase,
To script a better legacy of my school daze.
- Rajmohan Yadav
No comments:
Post a Comment
Bring out the eggs....eh...feedback