Wednesday, 26 November 2014

Classroom Composition

So lets go about our chapter here....
                This is something which I always wanted to talk about since my college days. That is, a discourse on a place where I have been as long as I can remember, that happens to be a good part of 24 years. I wanted to write about this few years back but I left it in cold storage for too long. I am referring to the general ingredients which make up a classroom. Not the classroom in a school, but the ones which find you in higher college studies and in undergraduate courses.
           I have often observed a predictable pattern in the ingredients of any classroom at that level. So lets start-off with all the different groups and folks which we would find in any typical classroom, shall we? I will tee off from my end, the boys section. First, there is the studious group, a clique of folks which refers to the books of famous authors, solve the puzzles pertaining to the syllabus very diligently, but they don't necessarily stand first in the final results. Then there is another boys group, the one which is out and out into playing sport(mostly cricket). They turn up and then saunter off to the ground and then turn up for the evening lectures. Just behind them is another group of folks who are simply bored, all the time regardless of what is happening in the classroom or the college. There is always a bloke who always wants to sit on the first bench, for reasons best known to him(it is also a usual pattern that the isolated student tends to be a boy). There is also a group of guys who dress up like belonging to a troupe with the college looking like a stop over on a grander trip.
               Then comes the girls in the class, here too there tends to be a group engrossed in studies, they however do very well in the final results. There is also group of ladies who tend to look more fashionable than most, they also do well in studies, usually by last minute miracles which happen for them one way or the other. After that there is a mixed bag clique consisting of both boys and girls. This is a remarkable group, it usually happens to be a place of budding romance and at the same time the typical on and off spats. There is also the journeyman of the classroom. A guy who happens to be in virtually every guild in the class and still doesn't fit anywhere. These folks continue to fill the spot of 'pariah' in the class, till the final few semesters. So that is it from my end, what do you think? Did such mores exist during your college day? Feel free to comment and share your experience on this post

1 comment:

Bring out the eggs....eh...feedback